Hiring a business consultant is a decision that many companies have to take during in their lifetime. Hiring a business consultant may cost the company a lot of money. On the other hand, the right business consultant and execution plan enable the business to increase productivity and profit that can easily outweigh the cost of hiring a consultant in the first place.
Today, we are going to discuss on a business consultant, job description and what service business consultant can provide to the business.
Why do we need to hire a business consultant?
Mainly there are three reasons why your business needs to hire a business consultant:
- Detecting any problem
There are many problems exist in the business such as cash-flow issues, internal management problem as well as a decrease in sale. Sometimes business owner doesn’t realize that such problem is existing. A professional business consultant will assess the business condition, and can point out any business problems that may exist.
- Providing Solution
The aim of hiring a business consultant is not only to find problems in your business but also to provide a solution. After finding problems, the professional business consultant will sit and discuss with the business owner to explain the solution of your business problems.
- Business optimization
Business inefficiency is a common problem in every business. Sometimes that business owner doesn’t realize how inefficient their business work is. Some business owner understands this issue, but they do not know how to solve it. A professional business consultant will evaluate the business and bring a new idea to the business to increase productivity and sales.
General Duty of Business Consultant
- Assessing, consulting, advising and program creation to fill the gaps between the present business condition and desired one,
- Management development and supervisory skills
- Increasing employees work performance as well as organizational communication.
- Boost employee morale and motivation.
- Define and create a company mission, objective, and goals
- Training, guiding, and coaching of the employees
- Increasing the number of customers
- Business consulting Process
In general, a professional business consultant will go through three necessary steps. They are:
Pre-Consulting, i.e. before business consultant starts the work, he or she will set out specific parameter, term and agree on the business consulting agreement.
Consulting Period, This stage is when the business consultant starts their work. The work of a business consultant usually involves the following 3 steps: problems discovery, research, and recommendation presentation.
- Discovery stage, the business consultant will collect data and learn the actual business condition from the business owner and the employees. This step can involve meeting, office touring, and financial analyzing, and so on. This stage aims to find problems available
- Research stage, during research stage business consultant, will provide a solution for the business problems available.
- Recommendation. The business consultant, presenting his or her finding and provide a solution to the problems. The business consultant provides constructive critics and not the critics to the owner on how they run their business so far.
Post Consulting, Both party business consultant and the owner of the business may extend their agreement or business owner can move forward to implement the business plan on their own. This may involve Design build remodeling.